Thursday, March 17, 2011

Adoption Chapter 3

It's about time for chapter 3 of our adoption story. If you missed chapter 1 and chapter 2 go

here
and
here

Chapter 3:


The next day was Monday which meant we had to go back to real life. C went to work and I went to school, but neither of us had our heads in the game. We were more like Zac Efron when his heart was in the song, but not the game. Anyway, C and I texted all day, and at one point, M and I were chatting online and I totally ditched a class in order to chat with her. We were in la la land. We e-mailed, chatted, and texted all day long just getting to know each other and talking about life. We hit it off right away and it felt like this was going to be our baby and our birth mom.

At the end of the day I started realizing that we had talked about everything under the sun, except if M was officially "picking us" to be her couple or not. I didn't want to push it, but I was feeling the need to know one way or another so I didn't get my hopes up just to be let down.

The next day, on Tuesday, and completely against C's desires, I asked M where we stood. She replied with what was the official beginning to our baby journal. She said

"you guys are the couple I want to place my baby with"

And that was it! Things had begun and life all of the sudden had a light, a purpose, and a freshness that it hadn't had before.

The next few weeks consisted of more chatting, e-mailing, texting, Skyping, and talking. Soon it felt like it was time to meet face to face. We crossed 3 state-lines and made our way to M's hometown where we spent the most fantastic 3 days meeting her family, learning all about her and where she came from, and most importantly getting to know our birth mom and some family history of our baby boy.

We learned that baby boy might like bowling




We learned that baby boy might not like to eat his pizza crust because none of his biological aunts, uncles, cousins, or grandparents like the crust

We learned that be it by nature or nurture baby will likely stand like this


We had an amazing time and we learned above all, that there will always be so, so many people that will love baby boy




Thank you M, and M's family for your love and hospitality. We love you!