Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Birthday To My Mom

I took a one-week hiatus from blogging. Not that it hasn't happened before, but this time it was on purpose. And it felt good. Sometimes you just need a break! But I interrupt my break to wish my incredible mom a happy birthday.

When Collin and I first got our 'infertile' news, we processed it together as a couple, and made a game plan, and the very next thing I did was call my mom. She and my dad had been given the exact same news years earlier and I knew if anybody knew what I was feeling, she did. I don't know what I was expecting from that phone call, but she gave me more than I could have ever hoped for. She gave me the encouragement to put my best foot forward and to move on with faith. Between that advice and my dad's plan B advice, our lives have been a lot happier than I ever thought they could be.

My mom is a beautiful lady and I'm so blessed to have her in my life. Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

For another tribute to my mom, go here.
Happy Friday!