Monday, October 17, 2011

Goals For This Week


A few days ago Nolan had some food on his hands after dinner and so Collin took him over to the sink to wash him up. I was doing something on the computer and not paying much attention at all. But soon, I realized that the water was still running and that Nolan's hands should be plenty clean by now. I looked over to my sink and saw Nolan's pants getting DRENCHED. I immediately barked "Collin, his pants are getting wet" and Collin replied with "I know, and he's having fun". I was so confused that Nolan's pants were soaking wet and that Collin knew about it and wasn't preventing it, so I repeated, "No but his pants are really wet honey" and then Collin said, "then we'll put them in the washing machine when we're done!"

All of a sudden I snapped out of organized/strict/clean/boring Mom and with Collin's help realized that sometime you just have to get your pants wet, because you can always throw them in the wash.

I think sometimes I get so caught up in how things are supposed to be that I forget to have fun and play. This was especially true for me when it came to infertility. I was so caught up in not having a baby that I sometimes forgot to play with the kids that were around me, and I forgot that my husband is the biggest kid of all and playing with him makes anything better.

This week I'm going to try to let go of the things that are supposed to be and I'm going to try to let loose, have more fun, and remember that at the end of the day, it can all be thrown in the wash.

Happy Monday!