Monday, March 5, 2012

Calling All Fashionistas!

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a phenomenal weekend. Ours was pretty wonderful. I checked off ALMOST everything from my list, plus I found the missing pair of jeans. Success!

Speaking of weekends, this weekend Collin and I have been invited to a fancy shmancy gala here in Chicago. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely excited!! But a gala? Me? In a fancy dress that cost more than $20 and isn't from Target? Holy scary, Batman. So this is where you come in. I really, really need help deciding what to wear. Thanks to a generous husband, and a tax return (hollah) I have been granted full permission to buy a new dress. (I see how that could have sounded like I live in a home where I only do things after I ask permission from Collin first. So not the case, but ya know, grad school doesn't exactly scream 'Buy new clothes'! So we discuss stuff like that.)

So, here are my guidelines:

dressy but not over the top (This is not the Oscars, or even Prom for that matter, at least I hope nobody shows up in anything like what I wore to Prom!)

modest (must have sleeves, fall below my knee, and show no cleavage)

less than $100

be purchasable in a store in Chicago since I waited way too last minute to order

and is preferably long enough to cover my legs, or would look cute with tights (these legs of mine haven't seen sun in ages)

Here are some thoughts I've had:


Ready. Set. GO! I'll take links, e-mails, comments, advice, suggestions, ANYTHING! I'm not a good shopper AT ALL, and so I'm kinda freaking out over here. The gala is on Friday, so ya know...the sooner the better. :)

Thanks in advance!

Happy Monday!

Dresses:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8