Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BMI-TMI

A few weeks back I had an anonymous question regarding male infertility. He/she wanted to know if there's anything that boosts male fertility. The fact of the matter is that I'm not a doctor, a scientist, a very good student, or even somebody with experience in this matter, but I have done a ton of research. That being said, I still would take everything I say with a grain of salt, and do your own research because like I say, I'm a terrible student and have no experience with successful fertility attempts.

Here's what I have learned:
Not a lot can be done to increase sperm count, mobility, or motility.
There are 2 main things that can improve the chances of male fertility;
1. low, or an average BMI
2. a healthy, balanced, diet

These 2 things actually go hand in hand because if somebody is eating right it's likely that their BMI will be where it should be.

What's BMI? It is your body mass index and you can find out what yours is here.
I've read that a good number for your man's BMI is between 21-25.
That's also a good number for us ladies to have.

I know this is vague, but so is fertility, especially in males.

I hope this helps, and as always, if you know more than I do (which is quite likely) please comment and leave your thoughts!

Happy Tuesday!