Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers Day

About a month ago, as I saw Mothers Day drawing nearer and nearer I made a pact with myself to not let that day be filled with sadness and loss, and to certainly not let that day be filled with self-pity and sorrow. I instead spent the month making a conscious effort to focus on the wonderful women I know who make me want to be a good mom when the time comes. So here are some things I am grateful for when it comes to mothers;

women who are kind to their children
women who don't take their kids for granted
women who serve endlessly and willingly, and never on behalf of themselves
women who act, not complain
women who have faith that all will be well
women who read to their children
women who pray with and for their children
women who don't complain about being moms
my mother
my mother in law
my sisters
my future as a mother

To all of the women out there who are blessed enough to be mothers on this special day, I say to you Happy Mothers Day. And to those of us who aren't mother's yet, may I suggest you head on over and read this lovely post. I especially love the end. :) Happy Mothers Day to all, and to all a goodnight.