Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Like Johnny and June

If you haven't heard the country song Johnny and June by Heidi Newfield, you should check it our here immediately. I have always loved that song and how it picked a famous couple to look up to in effort to find real, true, passionate love. The only thing I dislike about the song is the couple they chose. Now don't get me wrong, I have a huge thing for Johnny Cash, but I don't love that his love with and for June was at his first family's expense. So, when I've listened to that song in the past, and when I have been singing at the top of my lungs, I have always substituted Johnny and June with Jim and Pam. I want a love like Jim and Pam. Sounds so dreamy right? Well, that's the truth. I do want a love like Jim and Pam. I always have. Well, since The Office started back in the day. They're not only in love, but they are best buds. And I think it's totally radical and completely romantic. Fake though it may be. Well, today was my first day at my new job. I now work in the same office as my husband. It's pretty cool so far. Today I left the front desk, snuck down the hall, peaked my head into his office and whispered "we're just like Jim and Pam". He giggled and then whispered back "and they got pregnant". So now, ladies and gentlemen, since we are patterning our love after Jim and Pam, and since we now work in the same office, we're bound to get pregnant. Right?

P.S. The medication is going well. It seems to be doing it's job. No pregnancy yet. But maybe. For now, just hot flashes. Lots of them.