Monday, March 31, 2014

Missing My Man
















I don't gush about this man of mine nearly enough, and frankly even if I never quit gushing about him, it still wouldn't be enough. We've had a lot on our plate recently, and really 'we' isn't quite accurate, mostly HE'S had a lot on his plate lately. He spent 3 weeks out of the country for work, and came home to more work, a wife with crazy house project ideas, people needing him to do this and that, and a lot of church responsibility. He's just plain ol' busy. And then my grandpa passed away (I'll share about this later) and Collin said, go home, be with your mom, stay as long as you need, I'll be fine. And so I did. I left him with projects and lists and assignments from me and everybody else in his life, and came to be with my mama. I've been feeling a little guilty imagining him trying to get everything done and then cooking for himself, doing his own laundry, going to the grocery store and all of the other little things I usually do for him, and while I know he's more than capable of doing all of those things, I really miss doing them for him. There aren't a lot of things I get to do for this man because he's so blasted organized and on top of things, and at the end of the day he's sort of already done it all, but I really cherish those few things I do get to do for him and right now I'm missing doing those things for him. But if I can't be with my sweetheart there isn't anywhere in the world I'd rather be than in small-town AZ with my mom. I just really love Collin and am amazed over and over again that he's mine.