Monday, September 10, 2012

Two Places At Once

::iPhone photo of Nolan coloring at his Grandma's house in Arizona::

Today my dad goes in for a procedure in connection with his cancer. 
Today we get a shipment of replacement furniture for our new little apartment.
Today my mom will have to sit in a waiting room all by herself.
Today Nolan will ask me 20 times to read the same book to him.

Oh how I wish I could be in more than one place at a time. If I could, I'd greet the delivery people with a smile, hold my dad's hand, skim through magazines at my mom's side, and read to Nolan all day long. Instead I'll just do what I can, and try to know that it's enough. 
 

5 comments:

Allison said...

You're dad will be in my prayers today, Ashlee! Love you!

Trevor and Shadow said...

Oh, Ashlee! Praying for you today...

Bryan said...

Not by herself. Booya.

Spoiled Eggs said...

@Bryan:
What a good brother/son you are. Thanks.

Mamma Martin said...

Yes he is! As are you all!