Monday, June 13, 2011
10 Things That Make Me Happy (in no particular, but in a very strategic order)
1. My husband Collin. He's a toy designer by day, and the best daddy and husband by night (actually he's a good daddy and husband all the time but I had to go with the saying). He's quirky enough that there's never a dull moment, but steady enough to be a man. My man. Mmmm.
5. Game-shows. What?! Yep. Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, Let's Make A Deal, Family Feud, The Weakest Link (you know you miss it), Deal of No Deal, Minute To Win It (or as my mom says, win it in a minute), $100,000 Pyramid. I love them all! Must come from years of watching the Game Show Network with my grandma.
6. Music. I majored in Music Therapy and that's because I have a firm belief in the power of music. I'm in to a lot of indie right now, but I'll always be a fan of anything with a beat, it doesn't even have to be a steady beat!
8. Sleeping in. Remember that hunk of a husband I mentioned earlier? Well he and I made a deal. I take the middle of the night shift with baby Nolan, and Collin takes the early, early morning shift (we're talking 4:00a.m. sometimes). That allows me to sleep in (like 7:00 or 8:00) almost every day and that my friends (we're friends now, right?) is true love.
10. Good people. When I am around good people I usually end up crying happy tears. There's something about having good conversation that doesn't include vanity, gossip, or talk of mean things that really makes me happy. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those "good" people all the time, or even most of the time, which is probably why good people have such an impact on me. I just like nice people. A lot. And Michelle is absolutely one of those good people.
I'm so happy to have been here. I'm so happy for Michelle. And I'm so happy to have "met" all of you!
Come visit me anytime. :)