Friday, November 12, 2010

And Maybe Later...We Can Snuggle

Yesterday was nuts. It was a holiday from school for me, but C had to work. I had a 10 page paper to start and finish and C had some major deadlines to meet at work. We talked periodically throughout the day and each time we were both so swamped, stressed and exhausted that I knew it was going to be a veg night for sure.


I made us a comfy bed in the front room with every pillow in the house I could find. We ate left over fettuccine alfredo from 1 bowl with 2 spoons, and then snuggled up and watched a few episodes from season 1 of Boy Meets World.

It was the perfect way to relax after our stressful day.
It was the perfect way to start the weekend.
It was the perfect excuse to snuggle with my husband.
It was perfect.


Sometimes I look at how crazy our lives are with both of us in the school/work force, and we're running around non stop trying to please the man, and I yearn for simpler days. I dream of snotty noses, 7:00 bed times, messy high chairs, and endless piles of laundry. To me, that is dreamy, and a beautiful life. But until then, I sure enjoy the time with just C and me.

Happy Weekend Everyone!