Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Good Morning

I laughed and laughed at my husband and my brother ^ on the light rail a few weeks ago. We were on our way home from a D-backs game and the boys were plumb worn out. It couldn't have been later than 10:00 but with these 2, bed time had long since passed, and they were out stone-cold. Sound asleep amid the ever so subtle (or not) noise of the train.

I made fun of them, but that was pure projection. I'm totally one of them. If I'm not in bed at a decent hour (sometime between 7:00 and 9:00) I'm grumpy, cranky, and worthless the next day.

Insert worthless day here.

Last night we were up past midnight...doing laundry of all things. Today I seriously can't even move. I want to to crawl back into bed and stay there all day. Since when did midnight become late? It's rather pathetic if you ask me. Yet somehow not pathetic enough to make me want to change. I'm sure I'll stick to my 8:00 bed time (except for the days when I have a lab until 11:30! how is that even legal?) and I'm perfectly happy about that.

I guess I should enjoy my time being able to go to bed at 8:00 and wake up at 6:00. Because I know that some day, children will prohibit such a schedule. However, though I do indeed love my 8:00 bed time, I'll gladly sacrifice it for a sweet bundle of joy who feels the need to eat every 2 hours, when that day arrives.