Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday Tells

This week I hardly have a brain, muchless a guest to share their story. It just didn't happen. But what did happen for me, was a ton of reflection. I don't know if it's the stress I'm feeling (school, adoption, work, etc.) or the inspiration I received at church on Sunday, the time of year, or just nature but I have been thinking a lot about when we first "found out" we'd "never have kids", and the events that lead up to it.

We'd been married for 2 years, had never been on birth control and I had my yearly girly appointment coming right up. So we decided I'd ask my dr. for her advice and opinion during my appointment. I told her we'd been "trying" (gotta love that word) and nothing was working and I was wondering if she could help. She asked lots of questions and then decided to run some tests on both C and me. Those were fun. This was all happening in February-ish and after our tests we knew they'd take some time to get results. So we waited and waited and the results didn't come. We were plann