Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Funny How...

It's funny how recently I've gained a little weight around the belly, and I've been less motivated to work it off because it makes me look pregnant.

It's funny how this morning when I woke up, completely motivated to work it off, it was whole heartedly because I know that the healthier I am, the more likely I am to conceive.

It's funny how yesterday as I sat in a room with a mother one one with one on the way complained about her pregnancy being an accident and how she was a little grumpy about it, as soon as I told her I am unable to get pregnant she seemed a little more grateful for her babies.

It's funny how in that same room I sat with another friend who was recently divorced and as I sat there complaining about marriage she subtley and humbly reminded me to be a little more grateful for my husband.

It's funny how every movie I rent these days has a huge underlying theme of pregnancy and babies. And sometimes that theme isn't so underlying.

It's funny how I don't even have a baby, but somehow, someway, the thought of baby, and maybe even pre-conceived baby, ruled my life.