Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Giants

Collin said something sweet the other day about the families that we came from and I couldn't agree with him more. He said, "we are standing on the shoulders of giants". Now don't get me wrong, we don't have perfect families and I know nobody does, but we have families that love each other, that care about each other, that would drop anything to help one another, and we feel so grateful for the families we come from. Collin and I each have one grandparent still alive, both of them are our grandpas on our moms' side, and both of them were born in 1920. These two, in particular, are the giants whose shoulders we are standing on. These men are the epitome of service, hard work, kindness, dedication to God and family, and I couldn't hand pick two better great-grandpas for Nolan. I was fortunate enough to capture a couple sweet moments with Nolan and his great-grandpas recently and these are photos that will hang on his bedroom wall to remind him of the heritage he has and the heroes he has to look up to. We love you Grandpa Tom and Grandpa Sherwood!

**Here's a fun article written a few years ago about Grandpa Sherwood that I love.