Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cookies and Milk


The other day I realized just how disgusting my house was getting and I made myself a list a mile long of things to accomplish to get back to a state of relative decency. At about 10:00p.m. everything had FINALLY been checked off, except vacuuming.

I had a decision to make.

I could vacuum at the risk of waking a sleeping Nolan (I needed to vacuum RIGHT outside his door), or I could leave 1 pesky little item still on my checklist.

I hate pesky little items. So I vacuumed. And Nolan woke up. And I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies, for all 3 of us.

Because if it was the kind of day where I was vacuuming at 10:00 at night, it was certainly the kind of day that deserved cookies and milk before bed.


So we played, had a treat, Nolan went back to bed, and we all 3 slept really soundly.

P.S. Milk will always taste better from a wine glass.