Thursday, February 9, 2012

Perspective

There are certain things in life nobody can prepare you for, but I suppose that's the whole point in life...to live and learn on your own what God has intended for you to learn.

Nobody could have prepared me for marriage at 19
Nobody could have prepared me for the pain of infertility
Nobody could have prepared me for the joy of adoption
Nobody could have prepared me for relationships lost
Nobody could have prepared me for friendships gained
Nobody could have prepared me for motherhood
Nobody could have prepared me for moving to Chicago
Nobody can prepare me for all of the experiences that lie ahead

But every single one of those experiences have been a blessing beyond measure and I am so grateful for each of them. Sometimes I think I experience a miracle, or a good thing in life, and I try to hang on to it forever, but the truth is that very few things last forever, and sometimes it's time to just say 'goodbye'. Sometimes it's okay to say 'goodbye'. I've never been good with goodbyes, so this isn't an easy thing for me, but I'm hoping as I type this out, work through it in my brain, and release some of my thoughts, it will all get a little easier.

I know this is vague, which can totally be annoying to those reading it, but I want to be better at keeping private things private, about using this blog as an entertainment spring board, and a place to share my thoughts and feelings rather than a place to say/do things that I think might make me look good.

So goodbye to the things that I need to say goodbye to.
And hello, to a whole new set of emotions, opportunities, experiences, and things I could never dream of. Hello.