Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mothers Day

Mothers Day, for the past 3 years has been a bitter sweet day for me. Sweet because I get to celebrate having the world's greatest mom and mother in law, but bitter because I have so desperately wanted to be a mother myself. This year things are a little bit different with baby boy due just 2 weeks after Mothers Day. I feel like I can sort of celebrate motherhood and not be longing for motherhood all day. I am really looking forward to Mothers Day tomorrow and I am so grateful for that.

My heart goes out to those of you wishing to be mothers. I spent many a Mothers Day with my heart aching as I felt left out and forgotten. I felt betrayed as I saw some mothers shrug off Mothers Day as if it were a reminder of their imperfections or another commercialized holiday to be dismissed. But the fact of the matter is that motherhood is one of the sweetest gifts humanity has been given.

I hope we can all find joy, in one way or another, in motherhood tomorrow. Be it through gratitude for our own mothers, through hope and faith in being a mother some day, through love for children who have passed, or through being a mother right now.

Happy Mothers Day to my sweet mom. You've shown me the perfect example of motherhood. You've taught me to be a lady, to be honest, to work hard, to nurture, and to have fun. I love you Mom.

Happy Mothers Day to my selfless mother in law. Your tender heart, thoughtful acts, and your desire to have happiness around you has made me a better person. I love you!

Happy Mothers Day to my sisters in law. You are all incredible moms, even if you don't have children of your own. You've all been a mom to me in one way or another and I love you all!

Happy Mothers Day to my best friend Markee who (thank the heavens) has 2 little chickletts of her own, and subsequently has lots of experience and advice to give so I don't mess up motherhood in about 2 weeks! I love you Mark!

Happy Mothers Day to the woman who is making me a mother. Kenz, you'll never know how much I love you for the gift you're giving us. I love you!

Happy Mothers Day to all of you moms out there, to all of you longing to be moms, and to all of you who are moms in all sorts of ways.